Britannia is growing rapidly, and we need to expand and strengthen our technical department. This role is an exciting opportunity for a motivated network engineer to work within a leading IT managed services provider, and further complement our excellent team.
Based in Southport, Britannia operate from a modern office building with parking and excellent transport links. We place a strong emphasis on staff development and training – we deliver a better service to our clients by having the right skills, so time and resources are made available regularly.
As somebody applying for this position, experience is required and a clear CV demonstrating your knowledge and achievements is a must.
Network Engineer Role:
To provide support for clients on a wide range of technology systems. To be an escalation point within the Technical Team for technical issues that cannot be resolved by our Support Engineers. You will be experienced and have a wide range of skills and expertise. You will provide our staff and clients alike with first class support and your ability to resolve a broad spectrum of technical issues will be second to none.
- Fun team nights out
- Bright, modern offices, with great facilities / staff break-out area
- Work in a fun, supportive environment with a like-minded team
- Flexibility of working hours
- Regular time and courses for training and development
- Length-of-service holiday increases
- Company pension scheme
- Answer and resolve escalated technical issues
- Work with customers and colleagues to troubleshoot IT issues
- Log work carried out against tasks and tickets in our helpdesk system as it happens
- Carry out work in accordance with our professional standards
- Comprehensively document installations so that other members of the team can provide ongoing support.
Key Skills Required:
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Good time management
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems
- Ability to prioritise and manage a heavy workload while meeting SLAs
- Meticulous and inspired trouble-shooter
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent understanding of networking concepts
Experience (not essential to have all):
- Office 365