As a company we talk to hundreds of differnt people each year about their IT systems and the services and solutions that they have in place. Over the last few years, services like Microsoft 365 and G-Suite have seen a huge uptaking from businesses of all sizes as companies continue to head to the cloud. However from these converstations, I seem to get an similar response from most people I speak to, that they’re under the impression that because all their data is in the cloud, its automatically backed up.
However, this is 100% not the case. In the case of Microsoft 365 they are responsible for Hardware Failure, Software Failure, Natural Disasters and Power Outages, But when it comes to Human Error, Programmatic errors, Malicious attacks, External hackers or virus/malware that is down to the users.
An astonishing 1 in 3 businesses report losing data stored in cloud-based applications. In addition, out of all MSP reported SaaS ransomware attacks, 49% occurred in Office 365, up 17% from last year. Not only can the loss of the data itself be devastating to a company, but the time lost in attempting a recovery can be equally damaging.Information collated by Datto, Inc.
We’re aware of this fact at Britannia IT and thats why we offer the service to our clients under our Software as a Service (SAAS) Protection. We ensure that your important data from Microsoft 365 and G-Suite is securely backed up .
What we can protect:
- OneDrive: All files (including One Note) and folders with file structure in tact.
- Contacts: All contact information.
- Calendar: Events (including recurrence, attendees, notes), attachmentsand any calendars owned by users.
- Mail: All emails, attachments, notes and folder structure.
- Primary, custom, group and team site collections
- Custom generic site lists
- Folder structure
- Document libraries and sets
- Site assets, templates, and pages
If you’re using Microsoft 365 or G-Suite and you’re not backing up your data and want to find out how to, then please do get in touch or call our offices on 01704 320640 and talk one of our team about Office 365 backups.